hp nvidia repair, hp nvidia graphics card repair, hp nvidia geforce repair, hp graphics card repair, hp nvidia graphics laptop repair, hp laptop nvidia graphics repair, repair hp graphics card, hp laptop graphics card repair, hp laptop video card repair, hp video chip repair
I believe there is a significant problem with several series of HP notebooks including, but not limited to, the dv9000. It appears that it has to do with the heat management of the computer. The processor gets far too hot. This issue is manifested in several symptoms. The mechanical (hinge break) is the most obvious. But more nefarious is the outright motherboard failure, usually preceded by wireless failure (AMD models) and/or Video issues (Both AMD and Intel). I venture to guess that the motherboard cannot handle the graphics card or something along those lines. HP KNOWS about this as evident here:
HP Pavilion dv2000/dv6000/dv9000 and Compaq Presario v3000/v6000 Series Notebook PCs - HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement
However, they have limited their responsibilty to the AMD version of the computers. But as I have spent 10s of hours researching this, it appears to me the problem spans most 9000 series models, including the Intel Centrino models like mine. An HP customer service rep implied very deliberatly (and somewhat under his breath) that I should keep pressuring them to extend my warranty because this should not happen to a computer that is only 15 months old. I think the bean counters may believe the cost of fixing outways the possibility of a lawsuit. I hope we can get some help on this. We should expect more from companies like HP.
NE1 NE2 NE3 NE4 NE5 NE6 NE7 NE8 NE9 NE10 NE11 NE12 NE13 NE14 NE15 NE16 NE17 NE18 NE19 NE20 NE21 NE22 NE23 NE24 NE25 NE26 NE27 NE28 NE29 NE30 NE31 NE32 NE33 NE34 NE35 NE36 NE37 NE38 NE39 NE40 SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4 SR5 SR6 SR7 SR8 SR9 SR10 DH1 DH2 DH3 DH4 DH5 DH6 DH7 DH8 DH9 DH10 DH11 DH12 DH13 DH14
HP REBALLING NEWCASTLE - ON SITE HP COMPAQ MOTHERBOARD REPAIRS NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE.
HOME CALL OUT PC AND LAPTOP MOTHERBOARD GRAPHICS CARD REFLOW SERVICE DURHAM,
SUNDERLAND, JESMOND, HEATON. HP PAVILION DV2000 DV6000 DV9000 REBALLING NEWCASTLE
HP COMPAQ NO POWER ON SCREEN BLANK SCREEN FAULTY NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD
COMPUTER CALL OUT SERVICE NORTH EAST ENGLAND.
PC REPAIRS HOME CALL OUT NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE.
HP PAVILLION LAPTOP REPAIR NEWCASTLE, SUNDERLAND, JESMOND, HEATON, DURHAM
hp pavilion motherboard repair service newcastle hp repair centre newcastle hp motherboard graphics chip overheating durham newcastle jemond heaton morpeth
hp reballing service north east england
Nvidia / ATI graphics chip reball and repair service for your HP Pavilion Compaq, Dell, Toshiba and Sony Laptops - north east England.
VERY FAST TURN AROUND - USUALLY WITHIN 48 HOURS!
SIX MONTH GUARANTEE! - JOB DONE PROPERLY!
Call us now on 0191 4527528 or click here to book a repair online!
MJS Computer Services are HP / Compaq laptop motherboard repair specialists for the north east of England, including Newcastle, Jesmond, Heaton, Washington, Durham, Sunderland, Morpeth and Northumberland.
- We`ll come to you and pick up your laptop at a time that suits you and return it repaired
- No need to worry about getting your precious laptop lost in the post!
- Six month guarantee on all repairs carried out by us
- Normal turn around two working days
- Much cheaper than replacing laptop
- We also repair HP laptops for other local companies at a discounted price. Call for details.
- Student discount available
Mike, from MJS Computer Services has been repairing laptops since they first came out (showing his age now!)
If you`ve been quoted rediculously high prices for repair, don`t worry! We do board level repairs at a fraction of the cost of replacing the whole motherboard - right down to re-soldering graphics processors.
Is your HP Pavilion / Compaq laptop displaying the following symptoms?
- Laptop powers on but there is no display or sound
- Laptop powers on but will only go into windows in safe mode, in normal mode you get a blue screen or the display is corrupted
- When the power button is pressed, all of the lights will come on but the screen stays blank
- Dead pixels all over the screen
- Laptop powers on, then goes straight off again
- Multiple lines on the screen
- Screen going completely white/green or any other colour after prolonged periods of use
- Multiple screens displayed on the screen
- Laptop boots up but wireless/USB ports do not work
- Makes a beeping noise, then goes straight off again
You are not alone!
Since 2006 all electronic equipment, including laptops and computers have been manufactured with lead free solder..
This solder is easily damaged by overheating. The most common causes for this damage are as follows:
- Your laptop cooling fan has become fully blocked with dust so that it no longer is capable of cooling the CPU or graphics chip.
- You are in the habit of using your laptop on the bed or carpet or directly on your lap.
Why this happens and your options
The reason you are having this issue is because the solder balls under your GPU have either cracked or have become detached from the solder pads on the motherboard.
We can provide a permanent fix to your laptop problem!
Once the lead free solder cracks there is only way to resolve this problem permanently. This is called Reballing.
This means that the unleaded solder has to be removed and replaced with a quality solder and most importantly, a modification is carried out to prevent overheating from happening again.
Instead of using very cheap and ineffective pads, which are supposed to increase conductivity between the Nvidia graphics chip and heatsink (which become hard and brittle over time thus acting as more of an insulator!), we use Artic Silver compound and 1.6mm solid red copper sheaths to disperse the heat correctly. This normally reduces the graphics chip heat by around 30%.
Our warranty period on this repair is 6 months!
Normal turnaround time for this work is approx two working days from collection of your laptop.
Most laptops at some time can suffer from the breakdown in contact between the graphics chip and the mainboard.
We reball many of the main graphics chips on most laptops using the latest in Infra red technology including Toshiba, Dell and Sony.
Commonly Affected Laptops
- Apple: iBook G3, G4, MacBook Pro series
- Dell XPS: M1300 1500 1700 series
- Fujitsu Siemens: Amilo series
- HP Compaq: CQ50, NC, NX, TC series
- HP Pavilion: DV, TX Series
- HP Presario: F & V series
- IBM: T30, T40, R50, T60 series
- Toshiba: Satellite Series
Brief description of problem
Online booking form.
Please complete the following enquiry form and we`ll get straight back in touch with a quote as soon as possible.
Your personal information is never shared with any other company.
Hp Pavilion cooling unit choked with fluff and overheating, damaging the high powered Nvidia graphics chip
Hp laptops are difficult to get open.
The original design is floored, with the cooling fan being prone to blockage and poor heat dispersing pads being used. These become brittle and ineffective over time.
After repair, your laptop will have a modification performed to prevent overheating and lengthening the life of the machine. We use artic silver compound and solid red copper during this process. Good as new!
Hp Pavilion DV range of laptops.
Nice computers but prone to graphics problems.